- Day-to-day supervision and overall management of laboratory animal care personnel and the animal facility.
- Ensure that the Animal Facility meets all necessary regulatory requirements and to work with the TLL IACUC, Institutional Biosafety Committee, Lab Safety, etc., on addressing such regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Animal Facility inspection by the regulatory authority and submit the annual report accordingly. Manage operation of IACUC which include, project approval, IACUC meetings, etc.
- Oversee and implement the Animal Facility SOPs for all the procedures pertaining to animal use. Ensure that approved SOPs are adhered to and to update the SOPs as and when required.
- Procure animals for research purposes, plan the housing/caging of the animals and assign animal husbandry staff for animal care in accordance with the Animal Facility SOPs.
- Work with the different users of the Animal Facility in developing and maintaining animal protocols to achieve the goals of their research while maintaining standards and efficiency of animal care, in compliance with regulatory and facility requirements.
- Oversee and perform the day-to-day checks to ensure smooth operations of the TLL Animal Facility and to trouble shoot and report accordingly when problems occur.
- Routine check on Animal Facility equipment to ensure efficient functionality, and to work with TLL Facility & Engineering Services to address any equipment malfunction for rectification.
- Coordinate with TLL Procurement Department for the purchase of all necessary supplies for the facility to ensure continued availability of supplies for the operations of the Animal Facility.
- Minimum degree in Biological/Veterinary Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in handling the different operational aspects of a SPF animal facility which includes handling of disease-challenged animals housed in the ABSL2 labs.
- Good knowledge of the husbandry of different laboratory animal species, including practical hands-on experience on animal procedures.
- Experienced in handling all the regulatory requirements especially during regulatory inspections. Familiar with the NACLAR guidelines and IACUC requirements.
- Experienced in handling all purchase requirements of an animal facility
- Team player and able to oversee the staff who work in the facility
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and 2 referees’ contacts/recommendation letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info, please refer to our website: www.tll.org.sg.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)