A Postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr Yu Fengwei Group at Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory. The research group is interested in understanding mechanisms of neuronal remodelling and disorders using a model organism, Drosophila.
- The research projects aim to develop a Drosophila model of cannabinoids.
- The projects include the treatment of age-dependent movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease.
- Drosophila genetics and behavioural assays as well as electrophysiology will be conducted in the projects.
- PhD Degree in Developmental Biology, Genetics or Neurobiology.
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- A strong research background in molecular biology, genetics and behavioural assays. Prior experience in electrophysiology is preferred.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in the field of neuronal function and modelling human disease.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their application package that includes CV, publications and three recommendation letters to:
Dr Yu Fengwei
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)