We are seeking for a highly motivated individual who can work independently on the project “Molecular Breeding for Accelerating Genetic Improvement of Sugarcane”.
- Develop microsatellite and SNP markers
- Genotyping of various sugarcane accessions using microsatellite markers
- Analyze genetic relationships among successions using genotypes
- Identify DNA markers associated with important traits
- Design crossing-schemes for genetic improvement
- PhD/ MSc/ BSc in biology or plant breeding
- Strong skills in molecular biology and genotyping of DNA markers
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal for application of postdoctoral position.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr YUE Gen Hua
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)