Our research laboratory is investigating transcriptional changes that underpin a plant’s adaption to biotic and abiotic stresses and the roles of noncoding RNAs in these processes. We are hiring for a Senior Bioinformatics Engineer who is proficient in the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data and the candidate will involve in projects investigating functional genomics of Arabidopsis and crop plants to elucidate the function of ncRNAs in stress adaption.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Quality control and analysis of NGS transcriptomic data (RNA-seq), including the supervised analysis of differentially expressed genes
- Quality control and analysis of NGS genomic data (DNA-seq), including genome assembly
- Identification of noncoding RNAs
- Employ machine learning techniques to explain observations and make predictions
- Present results within the research group and collaborators
- Participate in seminars and research-in-progress meetings within the team and collaborators
- A PhD Degree in Computational Biology or equivalent from a recognized university
- Experience with analysis of biological data
- Versatile in applying computational techniques to solve open problems
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Prof CHUA Nam Hai
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)