We are hiring a Postdoctoral/Research Fellow who is highly motivated and able to work independently on oil palm project.
- Genotyping of DNA markers from the oil palm genome using NGS
- Conducting GWAS for important traits, including oil yield and drought tolerance
- Selecting elite palms based on GBV
- Detailed functional analysis of genes related to important traits, including fatty acid synthesis and drought tolerance
- PhD in plant/oil palm breeding or biology
- Strong skills in SNP genotyping using NGS
- At least two first-author research papers published in international peer-reviewed journal
- Previous experience in plant breeding will be advantageous
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr YUE Gen Hua
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)