A Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Dr YUE Gen Hua Group to work on the project “Molecular breeding of oil palm”.
- Helping in selecting SNPs and developing a SNP-chip using SNPs developed by us
- Genotyping palms using the SNP-chip
- Conducting GWAS using SNP genotypes and trait values
- Characterizing important genes related to important traits in palm using Arabidopsis
- PhD in oil palm breeding, plant molecular breeding, plant molecular biology, plant molecular genetics and related fields
- Experience in GWAS and GS using SNP-chips
- First-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal (IF > 3) in this field
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their curriculum vitae with cover letter and contact details of at least three referees to:
Dr YUE Gen Hua
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)