We invite a highly-motivated individual who is able to work independently in a team to join the Molecular Population Genetics Group as Assistant Research Officer. The successful applicant is expected to work on the project “Molecular breeding of Asian Seabass and Saline tilapia”.
- Developing and genotyping DNA markers
- Conducting parentage analysis using DNA markers
- Data mining from whole genome sequence
- Phenotyping important traits (e.g. growth, meat quality and disease resistance)
- Selecting fishes based on phenotypes and markers
- Minimum BSc Hons or MSc in biology or aquaculture.
- Skills in molecular biology are essential.
- Experience in bioinformatics will be advantageous.
Salary given is commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical, flexible benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their curriculum vitae and contacts of at least two referees to:
Dr. Gen Hua Yue
Molecular Population Genetics Group
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory