A Postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr Yu Fengwei Group at Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory. The research group is interested in understanding mechanisms of neuronal remodelling and disorders as well as the roles of medicinal cannabinoid in ageing and longevity using a model organism, Drosophila.
- The research projects aim to study neuronal pruning/degeneration in mouse, iPSC models or cannabinoid effects in ageing and neurodegeneration in Drosophila model.
- Drosophila genetics and behavioural assays as well as electrophysiology will be conducted in the projects.
- PhD Degree in Developmental Biology, Genetics or Neurobiology.
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- A strong research background in molecular biology, genetics and behavioural assays. Prior experience in mammalian model systems would be preferred.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in the field of neuronal ageing and modelling human disease.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr YU Fengwei
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)