We are urgently seeking for a suitable candidate to join our laboratory as Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow. The research group is interested in understanding mechanisms of neuronal remodelling and disorders using a model organism, Drosophila.
- The research projects aim to develop a Drosophila model of neuronal pruning and degeneration.
- The projects include the treatment of age-dependent movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease.
- Drosophila genetics and behavioural assays as well as electrophysiology will be conducted in the projects.
- PhD Degree in Developmental Biology, Genetics or Neurobiology.
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- A strong research background in molecular biology, genetics and behavioural assays. Prior experience in electrophysiology is preferred.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in the field of neuronal function and modelling human disease.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr YU Fengwei
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)