We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to elucidate signaling and structural mechanisms of heterotrimeric G-protein in plants and a few other eukaryotes. Through the project, we would also like to understand how signaling networks have evolved and expanded along the evolutionary history of eukaryotes by comparing the structures and functions of G protein in multiple species (a few plants and a few single cellular eukaryotes).
Relevant publications: Bradford W (2013) Science Signaling, Urano D (2016) Science Signaling
Other publications: Urano D (2012) Nature Cell Biology, Urano D (2014) Annual Review of Plant Biology, Wu TW (2021) Nature Plants, Wu TW (2022) Molecular Plant, Leong R (2023) New Phytologist.
The full publication list can be found at http://www.tll.org.sg/group-leaders/urano-daisuke/
The research project will use biochemistry and structural biology techniques to understand the relationship between structural and functional evolution of heterotrimeric G protein. The detail of projects can be discussed during an interview.
- Gene cloning and protein expression in E. coli
- Protein purifications from E. coli. We will use multiple chromatography techniques such as ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity chromatography
- Structural modeling using AlphaFold2 and structural comparisons across diverse eukaryotes
- MSc / BSc in molecular biology and/or biochemistry
- Experience in protein expression and purification from E. coli is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and research ethics are highly required
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (curriculum vitae and two referees’ contacts/recommendation letters) to:
Dr URANO Daisuke
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)