We are seeking for a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow to conduct ageing and neurodegeneration research taking advantage of a very short-living fish model, Nothobranchius furzeri (African turquoise killifish). Part of this research involves reviewing genes found in our fruitfly neurodegeneration screen and mutating promising candidate(s) in killifish.
- Study involvement of gut-brain axis in ageing and neurodegeneration.
- Single nuclei RNAseq to study ageing and neurodegeneration.
- Proteomics of alpha-synuclein, a key protein in Parkinson’s disease.
- PhD Degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics and/or Biochemistry.
- At least one first-author research paper in high-quality international peer-reviewed journal.
- Cell and molecular biology techniques, including flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunoprecipitation, cell culture, microscopy and CRISPR/Cas 9 gene editing.
- Experience in working on model organism(s).
- Experience in mentoring interns/students and good ability in collaborating with colleagues.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr KOH Tong-Wey
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)