We are hiring an Assistant Research Officer (ARO) to research on brain ageing and neurodegeneration using the African turquoise killifish, Nothobranchius. This research takes advantage of the very short-living killifish with a lifespan of ~ 7 months, to test drugs predicted to extend brain cognitive health. We will perform RNAseq, biochemical analyses, immunohistochemistry and behavioral assays to examine the effects of these drugs. We will also create transgenic fish to test specific hypotheses.
- Maintenance and breeding of fish
- Bioinformatic analysis of RNAseq data OR wet bench experiments (IHC, western blot, etc.)
- Perform literature research relevant to the project and assist in manuscript writing
- General lab maintenance
- BSc with Honours in Biological Sciences or Computational Biology or related fields from a recognized university
- Good organizational skill
- Experience with cell biology or animal models or bioinformatics
- Two or more periods of research experience in different laboratories (including internships)
- Experience with fish husbandry either in a laboratory or as a hobbyist is preferred
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their application letter, tertiary education transcripts and CV with at least two references to:
Dr KOH Tong-Wey
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Limited
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)