We are seeking for an Assistant Research Officer (ARO) to work on projects related to ageing and neurodegeneration, taking advantage of a very short-living fish model, Nothobranchius (African killifish) and the fruitfly, Drosophila. We will be performing RNA-Seq to examine gene expression changes in the brain during aging and neurodegeneration. The experiments will include, but not limited to, fish breeding, Drosophila maintenance, fish embryo collection, microinjection to make transgenic or gene-edited fish and screening of genetically modified fish.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Biological Sciences or related fields.
- Good organizational skill
- Ability to understand Mendelian genetics
- Experience with molecular biology
- Experience with microscopy and microinjection
- Experience with fish husbandry either in a laboratory or as a hobbyist (this is an important requirement)
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their application letter, tertiary education transcripts and CV with at least two references to:
Dr KOH Tong-Wey
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)