We are seeking a highly motivated candidate for mosquito research project. Successful candidate will develop population suppression method for Aedes aegypti to mitigate vector borne diseases using bacterial symbiont Wolbachia.
The research project aims to generate new Wolbachia-infected Aedes aegypti strain and study the interaction between Wolbachia symbiont and Aedes mosquito. The candidate will identify Wolbachia strain from insects, introduce the Wolbachia into Aedes aegypti strain, study how Wolbachia impact Aedes aegypti development and establish population suppression method.
- PhD Degree in life sciences from a reputable university
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology, developmental biology, genetics, genomics, or virology
- Prior research experience on mosquito is not required
- Strong communication skill and excellent organisational skill
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applicants (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae with list of publications and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr CAI Yu
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Limited
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)