Two ARO positions are available in Cai Yu’s group to develop novel Mosquito biocontrol methods to tackle vector-borne diseases. The successful candidates will also study the genetics and development of Aedes mosquitoes.
- Work in a team to develop genetic tools to study mosquito biology
- Develop novel vector control methods including Wolbachia control method and novel Gene Drive control method
- Molecular works including DNA cloning and fusion protein expression
- MSc or BSc honors in Biological Sciences
- Basic training in molecular biology
- Highly motivated, work independently and a team player, and willing to learn new techniques
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and two recommendation letters) to:
Dr CAI Yu
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Limited
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)