A Postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr Yu Fengwei Group at Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory. The research group is interested in understanding mechanisms of neuronal remodelling and disorders using a model organism, Drosophila. The lab will be using mammalian iPSC and brain organoids to model human neuro-developmental disorders. The aim of the projects is also to explore mechanisms of neuronal pruning in mammals and its implications in autism.
- To study neuronal morphology and functions in mammalian iPSC models.
- To model human neuro-developmental disorders using brain organoids.
- PhD Degree in Neurobiology and Cell biology.
- At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- A strong research background in neuronal cell biology, iPSC and brain organoids. Prior experience in mammalian model systems would be preferred.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in the field of neuronal cell biology and modelling human diseases.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr YU Fengwei
Senior Principal Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)