We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our group as a Research Officer or Post-Doctoral Fellow (2-year contract) to work on molecular characterization and biocontrol of the Xylaria Root and Basal Shoot Rot disease in Sugarcane plantations.
1) Master’s Degree (for Research Officer) or PhD Degree (for Postdoctoral position) from a reputable University.
2) Research experience in microbiome or fungal patho-biology.
3) At least one first-author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal (required for Postdoctoral position).
4) Research experience in any of the following areas in plant sciences:
b) Fungus-plant Interactions
c) Pathogen diagnostics and biocontrol
d) Quantitative disease assays
e) Chemical Biology
5) Research experience in sugarcane plantations/pathobiology will be an added advantage.
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their applications (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three referees’ contacts/ recommendation letters) to:
Dr Naweed NAQVI
Temasek Senior Investigator
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)