We are seeking for an Assistant Research Officer (ARO) who is available from June 2020.
The research is focused on studying Parkinson’s disease (PD) using a fruitfly model. PD is a common neurodegenerative disease, which mainly manifest as a movement disorder. We have identified 18 genes that interact with alpha-synuclein, a key gene in PD. Some of the 18 genes were recently implicated as potential genetic factors influencing the risk of PD in human genome-wide association studies. The ARO will be conducting experiments to investigate the mechanisms underlying the interactions between one of these genes and alpha-synuclein.
- BSc with Honours in Biological Sciences or related fields
- Completion of a Final Year Project based on experimental science (or any other substantial form of lab-based research project)
- Strong interest in a career in research
- Good organizational skill
- Ability to understand Mendelian genetics
- Experience with molecular biology, microscopy and/or tissue dissection
Salary and benefits are commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidates. Benefits include annual leave, medical and flexi-benefits, etc.
Interested individuals should send their application letter, tertiary education transcripts and CV with at least two references to
Dr KOH Tong-Wey
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Limited
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)